Horizontal tempered glass is manufacturing by a special heat-treatment of general flat glass till its softening point. Then the glass surface is instant cooling. It causes compressive stress distributed to both surfaces of glass, and tensile stress between the surfaces. All stresses maintained the balance of forces in overall.
- Pressure and impact proof: The strength is 3~5 times stronger than normal flat glass.(It is over 10000psi according to the requirement of ASTM)
- High endurance of weather: Able to endure rapid change of temperature in comparison with normal glass.(ex. 5mm tempered glass is able to endure the temperature difference of 200℃)
- High Safety: When it is broken, it bursts and disperses into many small fragments. The size of fragments is as big as bean. It can reduce the potential injury to human body.
* Because the rapid cooling causes, burn spot is a normal phenomenon.
||Max Size(mm × mm)
||Min Size(mm × mm)
|3 ~ 19
||2400 × 4800
||300 × 300
* If you have any other special size requirements, please contact us.